Your Business-First Technology Law Partner
25-years experience serving technology companies in Silicon Valley. Based in Austin -- available virtually wherever you are.
Born in San Francisco, Tom was exposed to technology business culture from day one. Educated at UC Berkeley and Stanford Law School, his early legal training and experience was earned at the best law firms in the valley– including Wilson Sonsini and Heller Ehrman and iconic companies like Apple, Dolby, Amazon (Alexa), Sun Microsystems, Actuate Corporation, Shutterfly, Docmatter and ClearDATA Networks.
Since 2006, Tom has been general counsel for public and private companies ranging in size from under $1 million to over $1 billion in annual revenue.
He has deep knowledge in diverse industries from SaaS, enterprise software and hardware, AI, integrated payment processing, public cloud compliance and security, healthcare IT and cloud, collaboration/CRM tools for the medical industry, consumer facing internet technology and other enterprise software and hardware.
Other than change, one thing remains constant. Tom puts clients first and brings all of his experience to bear in support of your success.
This means Tom--
- Is extremely responsive and efficient.
- Is curious and interested in you and your business.
- He takes the time to understand the levers you use to make your business succeed.
- Wants to know your short, medium and long-term goals.
- Focuses on helping you get you to revenue fast.
- Negotiates hard on critical issues but won't spend inordinate time on issues that don't matter.
- Knows how to save you money when negotiating with your technology vendors.
- Helps you consider long-term consequences of today's decisions.
- Speaks in plain english.
- Has solid judgment.
- Is pragmatic.
- Accela, Inc.
- Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ:BIRT)
- Apple, Inc
- Amazon, Inc.
- ClearDATA Networks, Inc.
- Docmatter, Inc.
- Dolby, Inc.
- Legal Zoom, Inc.
- Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY)