Vision/Mission and Practice Areas
Premier Business-Focused Legal Partner for Emerging to Large-Scale Technology Enterprises
Vision- the law firm where technology companies go to grow.
Mission – a client-first provider of high-quality advice to help technology companies achieve their desired business outcomes. We foster growth and success with simple, plain-language and creative problem solving based in the law and more than two decades of sophisticated practice.
25-years experience serving emerging, medium and large technology companies. Silicon Valley and Austin roots but available virtually wherever you are.
Born in San Francisco, Tom was exposed to technology and its business culture from day one. Educated at UC Berkeley and Stanford Law School, his early legal training and experience was earned at the best law firms in the valley– including Wilson Sonsini and Heller Ehrman and iconic companies like Sun Microsystems, Actuate Corporation, Shutterfly, Docmatter and ClearDATA Networks.
Since 2006, Tom has been general counsel for public and private companies ranging in size from under $1 million to over $1 billion in annual revenue.
He has deep knowledge in diverse industries from enterprise software for financial services, SaaS solutions for local and state government licensing and permitting solutions, integrated payment processing for the personal services industry, public cloud healthcare compliance and security, collaboration/CRM tools for the medical industry, consumer facing internet technology and other enterprise software in the cloud or on premise and hardware.
Other than change, one thing remains constant. Tom puts clients first and brings all of his experience to bear in support of your success.
This means Tom--
- Is extremely responsive and efficient.
- Is curious and interested in you and your business.
- Takes the time to understand the levers you use to make your business succeed.
- Wants to know your short, medium and long-term goals.
- Focuses on helping you get you to revenue fast.
- Negotiates hard on critical issues but not on issues that don't matter.
- Knows how to save you money and headache when negotiating with your technology vendors.
- Helps you consider long-term consequences of today's decisions.
- Speaks in plain english.
- Has solid judgment.
- Is pragmatic.
Representative Clients and Employers:
Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ:BIRT)
Amazon, Inc. (Alexa)
ClearDATA Networks, Inc.
Legal Zoom, Inc.
Shire Biotech, LLC
Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY)